CONDITIONAL SENTENCES

Today we will be learning about Conditional Sentences. Take a look at this video:


Conditional Sentences - Made with Moovly

Conditional Sentences are a type of sentences where a condition for an action is expressed. This can be done in different ways:

- Type 0: Used to talk about general facts. It is used with Present Simple.

- Type 1: Used to talk about a possible condition and its future consequence. It uses both Present Simple and Will + Infinitive.

- Type 2: Used to talk about a hypothetical condition and its possible consequence. It uses both Past Simple and Would/Could + Infinitive.

- Type 3: Used to talk about an impossible past condition and its hypothetical present result. It uses both Past Perfect and Would/Could + Present Perfect.

Moreover, there are two ways of introducing a Conditional Sentence:

If: Se...

Unless: A menos que... (usually used with an affirmation and a negation)

Did Do you get it? Let's practice then:


Exercise 1: Choose the correct option in italics.

- If/Unless he apologises, I will never see him again.

- If you had called me, I would have picked you up/would pick you up.

- Stanley will not finish his essay unless you help/helped him.

- If I was/were rich, I would bought/would buy a house.

- We would go/would have gone to the beach if it hadn't rained/didn't rain.

- If I have/had the money, I would buy/bought a new computer.

- If you touch/touched water, you will get/get your hand wet.

- Unless you finish/will finish, I will not talk/will talk to you.

- If you had told me/told me, I could have bought/could had bought some vegetables.

- If she wasn't sick/didn't get sick, she would eat/would gets more sea food.


Exercise 2: Rewrite these sentences.

- You didn't tell me she had gotten married, so I didn't tell her anything.

If you...

- If you don't go abroad, you will not improve your English.

Unless...

- In your place, I would go to the hospital.

If I were you...

- You feel sad because you didn't apologise to her last night.

 If you...

- I didn't have fun during my last holidays, so I'm not going back.

 If I...

- When you touch water, you are going to get wet.

If...

- She doesn't study hard, so her marks are not good.

 If she...

- They didn't follow us, so they got lost.

 If they...

- Why don't you come with us to the concert? You will enjoy it.

 If...

- If I don't get a raise in salary, I will quit my job.

Unless...

Comentarios

Publicacións populares deste blog

EXPERIENCIAS DE INNOVACIÓN: KiVA

EXPERIENCIAS DE INNOVACIÓN: AporTICs

EXPERIENCIAS DE INNOVACIÓN: APPS FOR GOOD